Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are Hollywood’s power couple. More commonly known as Brangelina, these two appear to be unstoppable. They have a grand total of six children together: three biological, three adopted. There are lots to know about their adorable kids, and we have all the details you’ll need! Check it out and COMMENT to let us know what you think about this family!
With six children, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt definitely have their hands full. But how much do we really know about the Jolie-Pitt children?
1. Angelina Jolie was married to Billy Bob Thornton when she solely adopted Maddox Chivan from Cambodia in 2002. The couple separated three months after the adoption, and she raised him as a single parent.
2. Maddox is turning 15 years old this year. He’s had some cool moments in the last few years. He got to escort his mother down the aisle at her wedding, and served as a production assistant for the film, By the Sea.
3. Angelina adopted Zahara Marley from Ethiopia in 2005. After her adoption, Zahara’s birth mother came forward to the media and said Zahara was “very fortunate” to have been adopted by Jolie.
4. At the time of Zahara’s adoption, Angelina and Brad had been rumored to be together for a short time. Still, he traveled to Ethiopia with Angelina to adopt Zahara. In 2006, Angelina filed a petition to change her children’s surnames from Jolie, to Jolie-Pitt. Brad eventually legally adopted both Maddox and Zahara.
5. Zahara is now 11 years old and even helped voice a panda character in Kung Fu Panda 3.
6. Brad and Angelina welcomed their first biological child, Shiloh Nouvel in 2006. She was delivered in Nambia to avoid the media frenzy that would have happened in America. The first images of Shiloh were sold to People and Hello! for $7.6 million. The couple donated all proceeds to UNICEF.
7. Shiloh is now nine years old, and also voiced a panda character inKung Fu Panda 3.
8. Shiloh was recently in the media for her tomboy appearance. Rumors of her being transgender popped up after Angelina told Vanity Fair that Shiloh “wanted to be a boy”, and insisted on being called “John”.
9. Angelina adopted three year old Pax Thien from Vietnam in 2007. His biological mother had abandoned him after giving birth.
10. Angelina had adopted Pax as a single parent because she was not legally married to Brad, and Vietnam does not allow unmarried couples to co-adopt. She then petitioned the court to change Pax’s last name to Jolie-Pitt, and Brad adopted Pax soon after.
11. Angelina confirmed that she and Brad were expecting twins in 2008. Knox Léon, and Vivienne Marcheline were born in Nice, France, just a few months later.
12. The exclusive first pictures of the twins were sold to People andHello! for $14 million, making it the most expensive first baby photo ever.
All of the proceeds were donated to the Jolie-Pitt Foundation
13. The twins are now almost nine years old now. They’re apparently pretty shy and have zero interest in perusing an acting career- much like the other Jolie-Pitt children.
14. Angelina and Brad finally got married in 2014. Her dress included sewn in drawings from all of her children.