Get your hair on point.
1. Add volume by teasing the top of your ponytail.
2. Give yourself a fuller ponytail — instantly — with this easy trick.
Two ponies is better than one!
3. Or use a clip to give your pony more lift.
Get the full directions here.
4. Follow these easy tips for more volume.
5. Fine and thin hair is especially prone to heat damage. To keep your hair in good shape, turn the heat down on your styling tools to around 350 degrees, max, and use a thermal protection product.
A few good options? Bumble & Bumble Repair Blow Dry, Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Breakage Thermal Protectant Spray, or TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer.
6. To keep your fine, thin hair from feeling greasy, only apply conditioner to the bottom 3/4 of your hair, and keep conditioner away from your roots.
7. Don’t wrap your hair in a towel, blot it instead!
8. Make your braid seem thicker by “pancaking” it.
To do, simply pinch a bit of your hair and pull out slightly.
9. Breathe new life into thin, fine hair by simply switching up your part!
Thin hair can quickly fall flat if it’s parted the same way every day. By switching up your part you’ll get an unexpected volume boost.
10. Put dry shampoo in your hair at night, rather than in the morning.
The dry shampoo has more time to absorb the oil in the hair and will look more natural in the A.M.
11. Thick hair needs major taming, and a Wet Brush can help detangle your hair while you’re in the shower.
12. Girls with thick hair need extra-strong bobby pins! To get yours in fighting shape, spray them with hairspray before putting them in your hair.
13. To prevent having to curl your hair for a million years, try using a small-barreled curling iron and wrapping bigger chunks of hair around it.
It should speed up the interminable process of curling your hair! See more on how to do it here.
14. Okay, so this kind of looks insane, but for a really powerful deep conditioning treatment for thick hair, apply leave-in conditioner to the ends and middle of your damp hair, and then wrap in plastic wrap or tie in a bag.
The bag actually helps to trap the heat, which helps the hair absorb more leave-in conditioner more. But be careful not to leave on for too long — one to three hours is a great amount of time to get all that deep conditioning goodness locked in.
For more info, check out this video.
15. Use a bit of hairspray on your hairbrush before running it through your hair — it’ll help keep your hair from poofing up.
The hairspray helps to get rid of static cling and help tame your thick hair.
16. Switch out your regular towel with a microfiber hair towel or turban. It’ll cut down on your drying time.
This one is from Aquis.
17. Are your ponytails way too heavy for your head? Fake a full pony with this easy trick!
Get the full tutorial here.
18. The comb you use can make all the difference.
19. So can the the way you dry your hair. Ditch your towel and grab a t-shirt for optimal drying. It’ll reduce frizz and breakage you might get from a harsher towel.
20. Or try plopping, which is a t-shirt toweling technique that promises perfect curls every. damn. time.
Find out how to do it here.
21. To keep your curls fresh to death between washes, spritz a combination of half water, half leave-in conditioner on your ends.
22. To keep your curls on lock, don’t bother shampooing all of your hair every time you shower — just ‘poo the roots.
23. Apply conditioner to your hair BEFORE you get in the shower, and wear a shower cap.
Go ahead and wash your body first, and let the heat from the shower provide a nice deep conditioning treatment to your hair. The steam from the shower will help you lock in dat moisture.
24. Protect your curls by sleeping with a pineapple updo.
Simply put your hair in a high and loose ponytail (that resembles a pineapple) before bed, and it’ll help preserve your curls.
25. Don’t forget your mantra.
26. If you’re having a static reaction from your hairbrush, wrap it in a dryer sheet and you should be good to go.
27. Never lose another ponytail holder ever again.
LOL who are we kidding? They’re def still gonna disappear, but this might help!
28. To get simple, laid back waves, twist sections your hair and then run a hair straightener down the sections.
Sounds counterintuitive, but it works!
29. To get the best blow dry, make sure you’ve got the hairdryer on low and keep the dryer directed from the top, not the side of your head.
Holding the nozzle down helps to “train” the hair to stay in the direction it’ll be laying.
30. Likewise, the way you hold your curling iron can change the way your curls come out.
31. You’ve probably been doing this wrong since forever, but bobby pins are meant to be bumpy side down!
32. Get your baby hairs in order by spraying a toothbrush with hairspray and using it to smooth them down.
33. Spray your favorite perfume onto your hairbrush to make your hair smell super delicioso.
34. A toothbrush also works wonders when it comes to helping you get grimy, gross gunk out of your hairdryer filter.
35. Give your pony some extra punch by sticking a couple of bobby pins at the base.
36. And remember: