Tonight he is America’s gross uncle.
1. This moment between Emilia Clarke and Matt LeBlanc on the Emmys red carpet began innocently enough: They traded inanities about who was the bigger fan of whom.
Clarke, who is nominated for an Emmy for her leading role on Game of Thrones, was very gracious.
2. Then, E! cut to LeBlanc and host Jason Kennedy, who asked him whether he was a “big fan of Game of Thrones.”
3. “Yeah, I saw the first season, and I kind of fell out of touch with it,” LeBlanc said. “I guess that’s when she started getting naked, so I need to catch up.”
4. He laughed…
5. Other people died inside.
— Kelli Boyle (@kellixboyle) September 18, 2016
#Emmys disrespectful with the whole Matt Leblanc thing like why? 💜 you Emilia Clarke way to hold such grace&smiles. E News that was a fail.
— Sammi May (@SLittleSecrets) September 18, 2016
Matt LeBlanc telling Emilia Clark he should start watching second season of GOT cause she starts getting naked is too much. Creep.
— Fernanda Chaves (@fernandruska1) September 18, 2016
9. It’s a night when she’s made a huge professional achievement, but let’s not forget she’s a sex object!
Leblanc’s representative did not immediately respond to a request for further comment.