They came to defend the Queen Bey.
1. Many people had high hopes that Beyoncé might take home an award for Lemonade at the 2016 Emmys last night.
2. When it debuted on HBO earlier this year, it was hailed as a visual and musical “masterpiece.”
3. Fans also praised it for its celebration of black womanhood and for amplifying #BlackLivesMatter.
4. For her work on Lemonade, Beyoncé was nominated for Outstanding Directing for a Variety Special, in conjunction with director Kahlil Joseph.
Lemonade was also up for Outstanding Variety Special; Outstanding Production Design for a Variety Special, Nonfiction, Event or Award Special; and Outstanding Picture Editing for a Variety Special.
5. And yet, the HBO special was shut out in all four categories, so understandably the Beyhive swarmed.
How you gonna bring Laverne Cox up to present an award Beyoncé is nominated in and have her give it to two white men #Emmys
— Ira Madison III (@ira) September 19, 2016
the emmys itself should have been in the in memoriam section since it disrespected beyoncé
— Deaux (@dstfelix) September 19, 2016
LEMONADE > > > > GREASE LIVE, DEAD, ANY OTHER FORM OF BEING
— jen yamato (@jenyamato) September 19, 2016
— Tre'vell Anderson (@TrevellAnderson) September 19, 2016
— Derrick Clifton (@DerrickClifton) September 19, 2016
— giant j (@PGiantB) September 19, 2016
12. But it’s OK, there is a silver lining.
i dont think lemonade needed to win an emmy because it would be like putting a burger king crown on a glowing orb of eternal light & beauty.
— Aparna Nancherla (@aparnapkin) September 19, 2016
13. Emmy or not, she’s still a queen no matter what.
More News About